Georgetown

Our region recently experienced a cold front, so instead of the temperatures being in the 90s, they were in the 70s. Jon and I decided to take advantage of the cooler weather and explore Georgetown. We needed cooler weather to explore Georgetown because it isn't located near a metro station so it involves a lot of walking.

We walked from the George Washington University- Foggy Bottom Station to Pennsylvania Avenue. We explored the shops and visited the Stone House. Jon wanted to see Georgetown University and I wanted to see where the much acclaimed Georgetown Cupcakes was located. A few blocks later, we found it. The line was almost a block long. Here are pictures.



The front of the store.



Front of the line.



Back of the line.





Side view of the line.




If people are willing to stand in line for this long for a cupcake, they must be good or a novelty. It could be either since their show "DC Cupcakes" came out. Unfortunately, we were not willing and so I can't say whether or not it was worth it. Someday I'll go though.

We then walked up to Georgetown University to visit the campus. They were hosting a rally to sign up for all the clubs so there were lots of people around. We didn't take any pictures because of that fact.

After we had seen enough of the campus, we walked across the Key Bridge and got on the Metro at Rosslyn Station. It was a nice little jaunt on a beautiful day.

Comments

  1. So fun! Hopefully, I will be waiting in that cupcake line with you. :) I miss you so much right now. I love you and enjoy your blog and get excited when you have new posts. You are an amazing writer and I look up to you in so many ways. I am so glad that I have a sister like you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All my Pet Needs at Kroger

Appomattox Court House