Food and Rachael Ray!

While watching the Rachael Ray Show one morning, she mentioned that she was coming to the DC metro area. I looked it up online and say that she was going to be at the Metro Cooking Show at the Washington Convention Center. Tickets were expensive, especially if you wanted to see a celebrity show. I kind of passed it off as something I'd like to do but couldn't afford. A few days later, Jon got a Groupon email with Celebrity Show tickets and all day admission for $32! That was about the price of a movie and popcorn here. I told him to buy them because I already had the day off of work.

On Sunday, November 14th, We headed to the metro and took the green line into the DC. When we got to the Convention Center, we traded in our Groupon tickets for real tickets and headed down to the main floor. The convention opened a couple minutes later. There were so many different tables! We tasted mustards, olive oils, sauces and cheeses. We watched a demo on how to make Gnoocchi with Brussel Sprouts by the chef of a local restaurant named Nicholas Stefanelli.

After that, we headed over to the celebrity stage and found our sheets for the Rachael Ray cooking demo. She made three easy dishes in one hour while answering questions from the audience. My favorite was a young man with down syndrome whose question was, "Can I have a hug?" She told him yes and he ran up to the stage to receive it. She made a Bacon, Leek and Tomato with English muffins and Halibut as the first dish. The second was a Shrimp Scampi in one pan and the last was a burger with a homemade cheese sauce. A young girl asked Rachael if she ever baked with her mom when she was little, and then her mom asked Rachael if she would sign her apron and Rachael gave her the new Look and Cook Cookbook and autographed it for them. When the show ended, Rachael waked out right in front of me. I tried to take a picture with my phone but I turned my phone off instead. I'm still learning how to use it. Her is a picture with Jon's phone. It's really blurry.



After Rachael's Show, we went back around to the tables. We did a taste test to pick what specialty food we liked the best. Then we went to a class on olive oil, how to taste and tell the quality. After the class, I decided it was time to purchase what I wanted. I bought some Vanilla extract and some cheese. I wanted some Zip sauce but they had already left. Most of the vendors started to pack up so we decided to leave. All in all, it was a great day and we didn't have to pay for any food.

This is Jon and I waiting for Rachael's Show to start.



Here is a picture of Rachael on the big screen.



Here is a picture showing how far we are from the stage.



Here is Rachael hugging the boy.



Here is the lady who gave the olive oil class.



This is me by the Rachael Ray poster.



These next two images are of the convention floor.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my Pet Needs at Kroger

Appomattox Court House