Lighthouse Challenge
The weekend of September 17th and 18th was my weekend off so Jon and I decided to take part in the lighthouse challenge. The Lighthouse Challenge is a yearly weekend event where volunteers from the Maryland Lighthouse Society come together and sit at ten different Lighthouses throughout the state of Maryland. The Challenge is to visit all ten featured Lighthouses. The first Lighthouse we visited was on the Eastern Shore. It was called the Hooper Straight Lighthouse.
Piece from an old drawbridge
Hooper Straight Lighthouse
Bell Tower
The Hooper Straight Lighthouse is a screw pile lighthouse.
Screw Pile Lighthouses are anchored in the ground by a screw.
Jon dressed as a lighthouse keeper.
Jon ringing the bell.
Slipjack
Lighthouse Lens
Sailboat
Jon and I in the Cupola
Current Lens
Drawbridge opening
Bridge Crossing
Jon and I stopped for a bushel of crabs and corn on the cob.
Concord Lighthouse
River Lighthouse
Lens for the Concord Lighthouse
Comments
Post a Comment