Sugarloaf Mountain
Today, Jon and I decided to go hiking. The weather was a bit chilly and rain was expected in the afternoon, but the morning looked good. On our travels, we have noticed Sugarloaf Mountain and I had printed the trail information for just such an occasion. So I loaded up my backpack with a couple bottles of water and we drove up to the mountain.
Sugarloaf is strange because there are no other mountains in the immediate area. It's just kind of alone out there. It's also privately owned but free to the public. This is a picture I took of the mountain.

There are many trails for the mountain, but we got a late start and there was rain in the forecast so we drove up to the upper parking lot. We had originally planned to take the Green trail to the summit. It was a 1/4 mile hike to the summit. Somehow, though, we ended up on the Blue trail. The Blue trail actually circles the summit. We hiked to the West View overlook. Here is what we saw.


This is a self portrait of us at the West View overlook.

I told Jon he didn't look happy enough in the first one so this is Take Two.

Doesn't he look happy? We then took the Red trail to the Summit. I climbed up on this big rock while we were hiking and Jon took my picture.

This is some of the views we experienced on the Summit.



Part of the reason I want to hike today was to look at the leaves. Unfortunately, many of the leaves had not changed. Here is a picture of me in front of one of the few that had.

And now us at the Summit.

After spending some time on the Summit, we decided to hike down on the Green Trail. This is what the Green Trail looked like.

This is Jon going down the Green Trail.

And this is me going down the Green Trail.

There were several different activities at Sugarloaf Mountain. We saw people hiking(of course), biking, Rock climbing, and perhaps most unusual, people playing with remote control rock crawlers. Jon even thinks he saw one of the Chemistry Professors.
It was fun to go explore the outdoors and it reminded me of being in Utah. I think we might venture back to Sugarloaf Mountain in the future when we want to hike. Maybe next time we will start at the bottom of the Mountain.
Sugarloaf is strange because there are no other mountains in the immediate area. It's just kind of alone out there. It's also privately owned but free to the public. This is a picture I took of the mountain.
There are many trails for the mountain, but we got a late start and there was rain in the forecast so we drove up to the upper parking lot. We had originally planned to take the Green trail to the summit. It was a 1/4 mile hike to the summit. Somehow, though, we ended up on the Blue trail. The Blue trail actually circles the summit. We hiked to the West View overlook. Here is what we saw.
This is a self portrait of us at the West View overlook.
I told Jon he didn't look happy enough in the first one so this is Take Two.
Doesn't he look happy? We then took the Red trail to the Summit. I climbed up on this big rock while we were hiking and Jon took my picture.
This is some of the views we experienced on the Summit.
Part of the reason I want to hike today was to look at the leaves. Unfortunately, many of the leaves had not changed. Here is a picture of me in front of one of the few that had.
And now us at the Summit.
After spending some time on the Summit, we decided to hike down on the Green Trail. This is what the Green Trail looked like.
This is Jon going down the Green Trail.
And this is me going down the Green Trail.
There were several different activities at Sugarloaf Mountain. We saw people hiking(of course), biking, Rock climbing, and perhaps most unusual, people playing with remote control rock crawlers. Jon even thinks he saw one of the Chemistry Professors.
It was fun to go explore the outdoors and it reminded me of being in Utah. I think we might venture back to Sugarloaf Mountain in the future when we want to hike. Maybe next time we will start at the bottom of the Mountain.
love the pictures of you two! I will have to print those for James' book!
ReplyDelete