Christmas
This year we had visitors for Christmas. Jon's parents arrived on Wednesday, December 23. I got off work at 4:30 and we came home to drop off their luggage. We then went to the grocery store to pick up our fixings for Christmas Dinner. We came home and made dinner.
On Thursday, we went to DC to take a trolley ride. Jon got Groupon tickets for $15 a piece. We got on the trolley and the first one took us on a tour of Georgetown. We learned about the history of the City of Washington, DC. We learned of the dimensions and the towns that were already there and incorporated (Georgetown and Alexandria)and later taken back (Alexandria). We learned some history about the National Cathedral and saw many of the Embassies. We went back to the beginning of tour and walked down to McDonald's for lunch. After lunch, We got on the Mall tour. They took us around all the sights of the National Mall area. We got to see both of the Christmas Trees. We came home kind of early because of the cold, however.
Friday, Christmas Eve, I worked from 6 am to three. I took the Metro home because the parking lot was a zoo and it would have taken the same amount of time. Jon and his Dad met me at the Metro Station and then we went to University of Maryland so Jon could show his Dad his lab. Here is a picture of Mike in Jon's lab.

Jon and I have a tradition were I give him a heart ornament every year of our marriage. We open it on Christmas Eve and he puts it on the tree. His parent also gave us a present to open on Christmas Eve.

Jon opening the ornament.

Putting it on the tree.

Opening my See's Candy "Nuts and Chews" from Jon's parents.
Christmas morning we woke up around 8 am. This is our tree before opening presents.

Jon got me a leather jacket but I already knew about it. So he wrapped his leather jacket so I would be surprised.

His Jacket

My Jacket
This our family picture from Christmas.

This is my gift from my dad.

This is Jon's gift from my Mom.

This is my gift from my Mom.

This is Alice opening her Catnip mice.

This is Alice and her new Scratcher.

We got many more gifts. I got a new Kitchen Aide Mixer, (my old one died) a set of books, (Percy Jackson and the Olympians), Peridot earrings, A utensil crock, Labrynth on DVD, a new can opener, a gift card to Bonefish restaurant, and a deep bath attachment from Jon. Jon got three new long sleeve t-shirts, Jeans, a Hickory Farms gift set, two books, and new shoes. From his parents Jon got jeans and a t-shirt, and I got a new purse. There was also money given by several people which is greatly appreciated by us because it helped us with our Christmas present to you...
On Thursday, we went to DC to take a trolley ride. Jon got Groupon tickets for $15 a piece. We got on the trolley and the first one took us on a tour of Georgetown. We learned about the history of the City of Washington, DC. We learned of the dimensions and the towns that were already there and incorporated (Georgetown and Alexandria)and later taken back (Alexandria). We learned some history about the National Cathedral and saw many of the Embassies. We went back to the beginning of tour and walked down to McDonald's for lunch. After lunch, We got on the Mall tour. They took us around all the sights of the National Mall area. We got to see both of the Christmas Trees. We came home kind of early because of the cold, however.
Friday, Christmas Eve, I worked from 6 am to three. I took the Metro home because the parking lot was a zoo and it would have taken the same amount of time. Jon and his Dad met me at the Metro Station and then we went to University of Maryland so Jon could show his Dad his lab. Here is a picture of Mike in Jon's lab.

Jon and I have a tradition were I give him a heart ornament every year of our marriage. We open it on Christmas Eve and he puts it on the tree. His parent also gave us a present to open on Christmas Eve.
Jon opening the ornament.
Putting it on the tree.
Opening my See's Candy "Nuts and Chews" from Jon's parents.
Christmas morning we woke up around 8 am. This is our tree before opening presents.
Jon got me a leather jacket but I already knew about it. So he wrapped his leather jacket so I would be surprised.
His Jacket
My Jacket
This our family picture from Christmas.
This is my gift from my dad.
This is Jon's gift from my Mom.
This is my gift from my Mom.
This is Alice opening her Catnip mice.
This is Alice and her new Scratcher.
We got many more gifts. I got a new Kitchen Aide Mixer, (my old one died) a set of books, (Percy Jackson and the Olympians), Peridot earrings, A utensil crock, Labrynth on DVD, a new can opener, a gift card to Bonefish restaurant, and a deep bath attachment from Jon. Jon got three new long sleeve t-shirts, Jeans, a Hickory Farms gift set, two books, and new shoes. From his parents Jon got jeans and a t-shirt, and I got a new purse. There was also money given by several people which is greatly appreciated by us because it helped us with our Christmas present to you...
Comments
Post a Comment