Giving Thanks!
So this Thanksgiving I decided that I would invite people over. I asked a friend of mine from work but she had other plans. So I told Jon to invite some of his colleagues. I had a tentative of three additional people coming to dinner so I set about planning the menu, table setting, house cleaning and cooking schedule. Thursday morning I got up and set to cooking Thanksgiving dinner in a traditional sense. Our guest were to be two Chinese girls and a Korean man. My goal was to show them a traditional American Thanksgiving.
My menu consisted of Roasted Butter Herb Turkey, Ocean Spray Cranberry Sauce, Mashed Potatoes, Stove Top Stuffing, Rolls, Corn, Deviled Eggs,Spanish Olives, Black Olives, Banana Cream Pie, Pumpkin Pie and Martinelli's Sparkling Cider. Some was homemade and some was boxed or canned. We told them to come around two-thirty. The girls called to ask if they could park at our building but we never heard from the Korean man. Zhe and her friend came and we showed them the turkey.("It's so big!") We set the table and explained about each dish. After we sat down, I told them that in our families, we traditionally say a prayer and say want we are thankful for. I then told. We ate dinner after that and told them about the story of Thanksgiving and how it came to be an American holiday.
Zhe loved the stuffing and even made a stuffing sandwich with her roll. After dinner, they played with the cat for a bit and then we offered them pie. I offered them the traditional pumpkin or my personal favorite, banana cream. They both chose the banana cream. We ate our pie and they both exclaimed, "This is my favorite now." Soon after they left because they had some other things to do.
So that was our Thanksgiving! We had a great time and I was happy to bring Thanksgiving to others. Here is a couple of pictures.

This is our turkey carved.

Our table.
My menu consisted of Roasted Butter Herb Turkey, Ocean Spray Cranberry Sauce, Mashed Potatoes, Stove Top Stuffing, Rolls, Corn, Deviled Eggs,Spanish Olives, Black Olives, Banana Cream Pie, Pumpkin Pie and Martinelli's Sparkling Cider. Some was homemade and some was boxed or canned. We told them to come around two-thirty. The girls called to ask if they could park at our building but we never heard from the Korean man. Zhe and her friend came and we showed them the turkey.("It's so big!") We set the table and explained about each dish. After we sat down, I told them that in our families, we traditionally say a prayer and say want we are thankful for. I then told. We ate dinner after that and told them about the story of Thanksgiving and how it came to be an American holiday.
Zhe loved the stuffing and even made a stuffing sandwich with her roll. After dinner, they played with the cat for a bit and then we offered them pie. I offered them the traditional pumpkin or my personal favorite, banana cream. They both chose the banana cream. We ate our pie and they both exclaimed, "This is my favorite now." Soon after they left because they had some other things to do.
So that was our Thanksgiving! We had a great time and I was happy to bring Thanksgiving to others. Here is a couple of pictures.
This is our turkey carved.
Our table.
Comments
Post a Comment