Trip Home

As many of you know, We were home for about a week. We had a great time and saw almost everyone. On Sunday, Jon's Mom picked him up and they went to her house were his family all were hanging out. They spent the day hanging out. My sister picked me up and we went to her house where my mom was waiting and made us waffles for breakfast. Afterwards we hang out and played with James, who is getting SO Big! Later, my mom gave me a ride back to Mike and Cheryl's where we were staying. The whole family was there and we had dinner and hung out. Dustin and Michelle's family stayed the night that night and had a sleepover in the living room. The next morning, Dustin made everyone a big breakfast and then we loaded everyone up. We dropped the guys off at the mall and the women went to JC Penney. Cheryl gave Michelle and I $50 each to spend. We shopped for awhile and then went to meet the guys again. We stopped at Walmart and bought stuff for dinner. My dad picked me up and took me to his house. We had yummy homemade soup for dinner and talked.

The next day Adri came over and took the Duay Family pictures. They are for next years Christmas Cards so your eyes open for them. This took several hours because Cheryl wanted pictures of everyone and many different groupings. We finally finished around 5:30 and had Papa Murphy's Pizza for dinner. MMMmmm. I miss Papa Murphy's. I could go for some right now. Cheryl lent us her car and Jon and I took Adri and James home to Sandy. Afterwards we stopped at Jake's Over the Top and got a Chocolate Marsh-mellow Shake. While eating our shake, we drove up to Weber State to check out the school. We went up to the Chemistry department and looked around. No one was there but we checked out the posters. We went to downtown Ogden afterwards and looked at all the new buildings and businesses. We went back home and found Dustin and Michelle had taken their kids to Michelle's Moms and were playing cards with another couple. Jon played with them while I played with the babies. Then we went to bed.






Om Wednesday, my mom called as I was getting dressed for the day and told me she had to take my brother to Salt Lake to my sisters house and she asked if I wanted to go with her. We planned on going shopping with my sister while the guys worked. She came to pick me up and then we grabbed Cam and headed to SLC, after stopping at Carl's Jr for lunch. We went to the South Towne Mall because they had JC Penney and Macy's. My mom has a gift card for Macy's so we headed there first to see if we could find something for my sister to wear for our family picture's that we were taking the next day. We couldn't find anything at Macy's so we headed over to JC Penney. We found a couple shirts for her there and I ended up buying them for her. Afterwards, we got a snack at Pretzel Maker and people watched. After eating our snack, we rode the train that went around the mall with James. He LOVED it. Choo, Choo! He would get so upset if he couldn't see the engine. To distract him until the train left again, we took him to the playland. The other little kids that were there were so mean. They kept pushing him around. As soon as the train was out of sight, we left. I had my mom run me back to her house were I met Darla. Darla and I went to Applebee's for dinner and caught up. After dinner, we went to craft stores to look at ribbon for a project I am working on. We also went to Dollar Tree to look for some balls for Alice. She dropped me off at Mike and Cheryl's. Jon and Dustin had gone to the Jazz game. As soon as they returned, Dustin and Michelle were leaving for Wyoming. We chatted while we waited for the men to come back and watched as the kids slowly fell to sleep. When the men arrived, we said our goodbyes and they left.







On Thursday, we got ready and went to my mom's. We were waiting for Grandma and Grandpa to come and while we waited, we decided to go to Shopko. I had woken up with a slight cold and decided I want the Good stuff from behind the pharmacy counter. I went through the process were they took my info down and bought my medicine. My mom picked up some jeans for my brother and we went out to the car. I opened the box of medicine in the car and inside was.....Aleve. I was so confused. So we turned around and I went back to the pharmacy counter. They were as confused as I was but they gave me a new box and we went over to the courtesy desk to see if there was anything else to be done. The guy at the counter went through his returns bin and pulled out another box, just like mine. He opened it up and sure enough it was also Aleve. He said he remembered the guy and was going to keep an eye out for him. We were free to leave. We went back to my mom's house where Grandma was waiting. Grandpa arrived shortly after and we decided to go up to Jake's Over The Top for lunch. While we were eating, my sister called and told us to meet her at the mouth of Ogden Canyon. We took pictures by the Timbermine Restaurant. As soon as I get them I'll post them. After pictures, we went back to Mom's house and had Potato and Cheese Soup. Jon and I then went to visit my Dad. We stayed there for a little while but then the snow started to stick so we headed back. It was a little nerve racking to drive in the snow in a vehicle we weren't used to but we made it.

My dad took a personal day for Friday so the next morning I had him come pick me up. My sister Adri came down to spend some time with us too. We went to Grandpa Spackman's house and then we went to Golden Corral for lunch. It was so good to see Grandpa! After lunch, Adri and I went to my mom's were my cousin joined us. We talked and caught up. I had Adri drop me back at Mike and Cheryl's so that I could start packing since we had an early flight the next morning. Later, Jon and I went to Darla and Nate's place and had dinner. It was so good to get together with them and catch up.

So that was our trip. We were back in Maryland by 3:00 pm the next day. We had a great time and really enjoyed spending time with all of our friends and family. We miss you all so much and can't wait until we can come see you again. You are all welcome to visit us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my Pet Needs at Kroger

Virginia Tech