Ocean City
I was off on Sunday, July 24th and really wanted to go to the beach so Jon and I drove out to Ocean City. We got there and paid for four hours of parking and headed to the beach. The Dew Tour was there and doing the finals so we walked by and checked it out before staking out our spot on the beach.






J C Penney sponsored the Dew Tour
They had their own ramp
Ocean City Boardwalk
Aerial View of the Dew Tour in Ocean City













Ocean City Boardwalk
Dew Tour
Dew Tour
J C Penney sponsored the Dew Tour
Aerial View of the Dew Tour in Ocean CityWe put on our suncreen and headed out into the water. I'm not sure how long we were in the water but it wasn't very long when the lifegaurds started shreiking on their whistles and waving their orange flags. So we got out of the water. When we turned around we saw this:
Ominous back clouds
Cutting out the sunlight
We were told that we needed to evacuate the beach due to lightning in the area. We headed up to the boardwalk along with everyone else It was getting crowded and all the lines were long for food. There was in line with only one person in it so we order two slices of pizza and headed back to the car. The rain started to fall and the lightning was going crazy. We ate our pizza and Jon pulled out his phone to check out the radar image of the storm. It was huge and it seemed to be growing. Deciding that it wasn't worth it to stay, we headed to Sunsations. We looked around in there and I was considering buying a sweater but the line to check out was pretty long so we just left. We went to Rita's and got some custard. As we were finishing up our custard, it got worse. The rain was pouring down and it was flooding.
Sitting in the parking lot eating our pizza
Jon eating his custard.
Me eating Custard
A couple inches of water on the road.
Pouring rain making it difficult to see in front of us.
Windshield wipers cant't go fast enough.
Coming back across the Bay Bridge
The sun is just peaking through.
So we came home kind of early. Some might saw we wasted our day but I feel it was another exciting adventure. I was scared when we were driving through the pouring rain and the flooded street. But Jon and I now have a story we can tell about the time we went to the beach and the storm rolled in. Also now I know what they do at the beach when there is lightning.
Comments
Post a Comment