Visitors!

Tuesday night(Wednesday morning) Jonathon's mom and nephew arrived from Utah. They are staying through the Fourth of July. On Wednesday, I had to work but Jon took them into DC and bought them Nationals baseball tickets. It was an early game starting just before five. Strasberg was starting pitcher. I left work a half an hour early so I could see some of the game. I got there in the middle of the fifth inning. It was a hot steamy day and we were melting. Nationals were playing the Kansas City Royals. I got to see Strasberg pitch one inning and then they took him out.



Strasberg pitching in the sixth innning.

The Nationals lost but we had a lot of fun hanging out. We didn't get home until late.



Enjoying game in the hot sun.

I went to work early the next morning so I could get off early. We went to Costco and did some shopping.

On Friday, we went to Six Flags America. It was hot. We went on the Batwing and Superman. After a couple rides I started to feel a little sick. So the boys went on some rides by themselves.



This is Jon and James going on a water ride.



They got a little wet.



Then they got even more wet.
I went on a couple more and we decided we wanted to get some food. We left the park and went down the street to get something to eat. We went to McDonald's and got our food then went back to the park. Jon and I
visited the shops while James went on the rest of the rides.

On Saturday, We got up early and drove to Ocean City so we could spend the day at the beach. We had a great time relaxing and playing in the waves.



I think James spent the whole time we were there in the water except for a short break when Jon buried him in the sand.





When the sun started to wear on us, the boys went to get the car and Cheryl and I visited the shops along the boardwalk. I had been wanting a new dress and was searching for one within a reasonable price range. Before I could find one. Jon called to tell us he was there. We drove to the Doughroller for dinner, After dinner, we stopped at a Sunsations for souvenirs. I again looked for a dress. I actually found one but not until I tried on about five others.


During our drive to Ocean City, I noticed on the map a Point of interest. Jon and I decided we were going to stop there along the way home. It was the First Mason- Dixon stone.



It marked the corner between Delaware and Maryland. The Mason-Dixon line is the line that Surveyors Mason and Dixon created to divide the States of Maryland, Pennsylvania and Delaware because the states all claimed the same land as their own. Supposedly these stones were placed every ten miles along these borders. Today, few are still in existence. We got home pretty late after this adventure but made plans for Sunday.



On Sunday, We went to the Crime and Punishment Museum and learned about the history of law enforcement and punishment. Jon purchased Groupons for half price tickets. It was really interesting and we visited the America's Most Wanted set, which is filmed in the basement of the museum.



After we finished our tour, we walked a few short blocks to Ford's Theater. We got there a with a couple minutes to spare before the final tour of the day. It was really interesting to see where Lincoln was shot.



So thats the first weekend of our visitors! Coming soon The Air and Space Museum, The Baseball Hall of Fame, and the Fourth of July!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All my Pet Needs at Kroger

Virginia Tech