Super Moon

You may or may not know but on March 19th, we had what is known as a "Super" moon. This is when the moon is closer to the earth than normal and as it was a full moon, it was a rare experience. The moon appeared bigger and brighter than normal. I worked the early shift that Saturday and I talked Jon into going to Rosslyn, Virginia to watch the moon rise. Rosslyn provides a great view of the Monuments in Washington DC and is right next to Arlington National Cemetery. Two years ago, we went there on the Fourth of July to watch the Fireworks. Anyway, we got there about a half an hour before moon rise. There was already about 200 people there, mainly photographers. Here is a shot of them.






I took a couple shots of the Monuments before the sun completely set.





When the moon first started to rise, it was a fiery red.





We stayed for about a half an hour and here are some of my favorite shots.















It was a beautiful night and I hope everyone got to see it.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All my Pet Needs at Kroger

Appomattox Court House