Rehoboth Beach
I was off for Memorial day and it we were in for a blistering 95 degree day so I wanted to go to the beach. Jon suggested Rehoboth Beach in Delaware. We left at 10 and headed across the Bay Bridge. It was a bit backed up headed east but it was very backed headed back into the city. We took the 404 across Delaware. We stopped at Sonic for lunch. I haven't been to Sonic in at least 5 years and I was pleased that the food tasted better. I got a strawberry limeade for a drink and it was delicious. It actually had slices of Strawberries in it and a slice of a lime. The burger was okay and the onion rings were good. We got to Rehoboth Beach around 1 and I discovered that the parking was all meters. We drove along for quite awhile before we could find an open spot. But we finally did and put all of our quarters in for about three hours of time.. We walked down to the beach which was pretty crowded and plunked our stuff down in an empty spot. We unloaded and suncreened up. I only put sunscreen on my upper body because my legs are as white as a ghost. Then we headed to the water. As we headed deeper into the surf, we discovered that the beach here is pretty rocky. We had to walk in to our chest before there weren't any rocks. The waves were coming pretty good for awhile and we played out there for a half an hour or so. The waves slowed down so we got out and laid on the beach. It was so relaxing. I took one more dip in the water after laying on the beach for 40 minutes. When we first got in the water was so cold and it slowly warmed up after we got wet everywhere. The second time I got in, it felt so good. My skin was so hot and the cold water felt cool and refreshing against it. We packed up after rinsing off in the ocean and walked along the boardwalk. I prefer Ocean City and Virginia Beach to the boardwalk at Rehoboth. The shops weren't that great but there were a ton of pizza parlors so I guess we'll have to check it out. We stopped and got some custard at Kohr Bros Custard and ate it as we walked back to the car. We left Rehoboth and took the long way home, avoiding the majority of the traffic leaving Ocean City. We did catch a bit of traffic near the Bay Bridge but according to the traffic report, MD50 was backed up quite awhile. We came home and relaxed for the rest of the evening.




White boy heading into the water. It was cold but it was better after a few minutes.
A look at the beach. A popular destination.
Drying off after my second dip.
Jon took control of the camera. I'll spare you the sideways shots and the pictures of me changing.
A look at the beach from the dunes.
Temperature when we got back in the car.
Comments
Post a Comment