Awards

The day after my birthday, Jon had an awards ceremony at school. He won the Graduate Student Research Award. He had to give a presentation on his research. He was one of three graduate students to win the award. The award came with a certificate and a check for $250. We haven't decided what to do with the money yet but I am so proud of Jon for winning this award. I went into to work late so I could be there to see him.

This is Jon receiving his award.





This is Jon giving his presentation.



I understood most of what Jon said during his presentation. I don't know if that is because I already know some of his work and so it was easier to understand or if it was because he dumbed it down enough for me to understand. The other two who did presentations I didn't really understand. The jargon seemed too technical.



Jon did a great job and I am so proud of him. Afterwards we had light refreshments and we mingled with others from the Chemistry department. It was a proud day for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my Pet Needs at Kroger

Appomattox Court House